Wednesday, January 7, 2009

And what a new year! Wes's first Christmas, and my new neice's (Sydney Scoggins, Dec 17, 8lbs, 2 oz); my resignation from my job--at last I'm a stay-at-home mom!; and I am no longer keeping kids (just for now...I'll have to find kids to keep by this fall at the latest, if I'm to continue staying home with Wes).


This was our Christmas card picture. This Santa was soooo sweet!Christmas with my family:Pawpaw napping with his two new darlings...
Wes and Sydney are in a cradle made by my dad's great-great-grandfather. That makes him Wes and Sydney's great-great-great-great grandfather! Dad and his sisters slept in it, and his mother, his mother's father and his brother and sister (Aunt Murl), and their father. Wow! What a legacy! This is the 6th generation of babies to sleep in this cradle!
I didn't even notice how much Wes had grown until we saw Sydney when she was born. They're just 10 weeks apart!
Sydney looks just like Mary here.
Mary and I had matching giant stockings when we were little, and Mary, being a December baby like her daughter, had her picture taken in hers. We had to put our babies in matching stockings, too!
Wes in a baby doll bed that my mother's father made. He made several, for his daughters, and his neices. Now Mom and Aunt D have one each, and Uncle Mark's daughters have one, too.
One of Brandon's students gave Wes this outfit. It's a 3-6 mo. outfit, and it's a little big, but the kid's barely 3 months old. Look at some of the other pictures. He's so LONG and SKINNY!
Christmas morning with just our family: Mom, Dad, and Wes! We gave Wes a set of Dr. Suess books, and Santa brought Wes a turtle nightlight.
Christmas at Randy and Connie's (Brandon's dad and stepmom)
Aftan, Amber's oldest daughter. And this is someone's stocking!
Christmas at Jane and Mike's (Brandon's mom)
Wes got a rocking elephant!

No comments: