Ok, so Cora. Yes, I'm keeping another child here with Wes. Cora is one of my CGE co-workers' little girls. Yeah, not a tough job, huh? Cora's 14 weeks old. Actually, it's not that tough, and I still manage to carve away 2 one-hour time slots for myself (when I'm not feeding, rocking, or entertaining).
Back when Brandon and I were discussing whether or not we could afford for me to stay home with Wes, we agreed that it wouldn't be possible unless I managed to find some income to earn from home: thus babysitting.
Fast forward to 2 weeks ago: I received a phone call from a teacher at school who had heard what my plans were or might be. She and another teacher with her in the workroom needed someone to keep their kids, one needed me now, the other in January. So I began keeping Cora when Wes was at the ripe old age of 4 weeks.
It's not really been too stressful, managing such young babies' feeding and sleeping schedules. I've had a couple of days when the babies' schedules were exactly the same, and they managed to cry at the exact same time, or one would cry to be fed while I was feeding the other. But today was a breakthrough for me: I managed to go the entire day without either baby doing more than fussing. The key: a VERY STRICT SCHEDULE. If I stick to it with very few exceptions, I think I can manage to get by most days as peacefully as this. Another upside: Wes may start sleeping through the night again! (more on that another day...Bye for now!)
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment