Friday, September 12, 2008

News!

I'm a terrible, terrible blogger. Shame on me for not blogging responsibly and regularly.

OK, now the news: for those that haven't heard, 2 weeks ago, I began to have regular contractions (week 33, wayyyyy to early to have a baby!), so my doctor put me on bed rest to stop the contractions and slow my progress. He determined at that appointment that I had begun effacing and was dilated to 1 cm. The past 2 weeks, I've been on pins and needles, wondering, "Is this it? I am going into labor NOW?" and having all the accompanying fears of "This is too early! Is he going to be OK?" A previous ultrasound showed that at 32 weeks, Wesley was already nearly 6 lbs! (5 lbs, 14 oz, give or take a pound) Dr. Riley is of the opinion that his size is in his favor, as far as safety concerns of having a baby prematurely, if indeed that is the situation we're looking at.


Wellll, yesterday I had my weekly OB appointment, and the day before my monthly ultrasound (because of the weird bloodwork, remember?). The ultrasound showed Wesley in place, head down, facing posterior, and that his approximate weight is 6 lbs, 9 oz (give or take a pound). My OB appointment showed that I'm now 2 cm dilated, 50% effaced, and Wesley is at station -3 (which means he's right at the top of the birth canal).

Long story, short version: Wesley's birthday will be any day now, and at this point (35 1/2 weeks), Dr. Riley is comfortable with it happening whenever the little guy decides it's time. In the event that Wes just hangs out for a few weeks, we went ahead and scheduled an induction for Oct. 7 at 4 a.m. (that's week 39, if you're still counting at this point).

The room's all ready, with a few exceptions, but now I'm not on bed rest, so I can go shopping for those items I still lack (and, as Brandon pointed out, now I can take over the cooking and cleaning...Yay.). Seriously, I was going a little stir crazy not being able to do ANYTHING, which included putting Wesley's things away and decorating his room. So a few chores? No big.

No comments: